There is always a keen desire when you embark on a trip with your friends or family. It is always a great mood when kick-starting a journey; be it an adventurous one or a peaceful one. But, there are certain things people do not take care of. One of these most crucial things is luggage.
When it comes to durable and spacious luggage, you will always come to the best ones; i.e., Samsonite Winfield. Samsonite has been a pioneer in this field for a very long time, i.e., since 1910. It is not always a confusion-free decision, especially when you are struck by the dilemma of ‘Samsonite Winfield 2 vs 3’ luggage. The below detailed sections give a complete guide to which luggage suits your needs, analyzing each and every factor; providing the best option.
Table of Contents
The company was founded in 1910 with its headquarters as Luxembourg. It has always been at the top of the charts when it comes to luggage, bags, and accessories. With innovation and advancement, it also entered the field of toy production in 1961.
What are the basic expectations when you buy a suitcase? One that fits most of the clothes and travel items; without making the traveler feel a heavy load on their back. But with time, people upgrade their expectations to enhance their travel.
With a unisex model and with decent size (19.75 x 12.5 x 28 inches), Samsonite Winfield 2 is the type of luggage that meets the modern expectations of travelers. With exceptional features and design, this suitcase possesses a great challenge in the choice war of Samsonite Winfield 2 vs 3.
Pros of Samsonite Winfield 2
- The product comes in three sizes. This feature gives customers the freedom to choose among the best ones suited for their traveling needs. The most commonly used one is 28”. The others are 20” and 24”. These can cover most of everyone’s uses.
- The lock system (TSA) in the luggage is extremely helpful as the combination aims to excel in security and provide the users the much-need travel convenience.
- Apart from these, the build of the luggage provides a hassle-free experience. The bottom with spinner wheels, a light aluminum-made telescopic handle, and the topmost with complementary hand-carrying handles.
- The expandable luggage gives extra room for packing any last-moment stuff. The lightweight of the product is also an addition to the competition for the model between Samsonite Winfield 2 vs 3.
- Furthermore, you can also use the 360-degree rotating wheels to travel in difficult terrain.
- The design of the luggage has been made in such a way that the mesh interiors pockets give a more spacious look. The zipper compartments also deliver an amazing customer experience.
- While all owners experience a great time with this Samsonite product, occasionally the body of Samsonite Winfield 2 can experience a hard scratch.
- A creaky noise can affect the wheels, but it’s nothing a little bit of lubricant won’t solve.
The counterpart, the 28” Samsonite Winfield 3 possesses some most eye-catching features which make it a true competition to Samsonite Winfield 2. With handy dimensions of 28″ x 20″ x 13.25″, there are many color variants of graphite gray, blue/navy, silver, black, and rose.
Compared to same size Winfield 2 (11.5 lbs), it is also slightly lighter at 10.96 lbs. There are several features of this product which impress us. These pros are listed below.
Pros of Samsonite Winfield 3
- The first advantage of this product is that it comes in various colors. This implies that you would not have to compromise on the color of the luggage. You can pick the luggage as per your color choices.
- The handle of this item is made in such a way that it gives perfect ease of movement. The rubber-covered push-button handle is an extra feature of Samsonite Winfield 2. This will give you more comfort while going on a long trip. The handle gives a great grip as it’s made of lightweight aluminum.
- Similar to Samsonite Winfield 2, this product also comes with a TSA lock combination. It is fixed on the side of the luggage, given an excellent security mechanism. Apart from this ease and tension-free travel cycle, the zippers won’t easily fall as the built model has been enhanced by the product designers.
- Another similarity in both the models of Samsonite Winfield is that there are 360-degree wheels to add to customer satisfaction. As a result, you will not require to adjust the wheels while changing the direction of your way.
- The elastic straps which are provided within the luggage are also a plus point in the product. The cross elastic straps are designed in such a way that your clothes do not alter by motion. In other words, these straps keep the clothes or packed material intact while traveling. Furthermore, the dividers in the luggage give a magnificent user experience.
- The minor scratches on the luggage are hardly visible. It resists scratches very well.
- Occasionally, the internal lining within the case may bet damaged, which might affect the longevity of the product.
Samsonite Winfield 2 is available in which colors?
There are many color variants in which Samsonite Winfield 2 comes in. These are – charcoal, brushed anthracite, cactus green, deep blue, Nordic blue, arctic pink, brushed white, burgundy, ice blue, orange, blue, rose gold, teal, and navy blue.
Is Samsonite Winfield a good and durable product?
There are many features in both the models of Samsonite Winfield (2 and 3). These features make these products an excellent buy. These features include – a TSA lock system, elastic dividers, excellent compartments, 360-degree wheels, etc.
What are the primary differences between Samsonite Winfield 2 and 3?
While very similar, there are couple of differences which can we noticed. The main difference is the shell body. The Samsonite Winfield 3 comes with a more durable and scratch-resistant body as compared to its counterpart. Winfield 3 is also about 0.6lbs lighter.
What are the top things to consider while buying a Samsonite luggage, especially the Winfield series?
For us, the most crucial details are the weight, dimensions, space component, handle type, price, and the built material of the luggage. Apart from these, the security and lock system also matters a lot in the selection process.
How to spot a fake Samsonite luggage?
There are companies that make fake Samsonite luggage, which can be quite difficult to distinguish. Since this topic is a bit more extensive, we have a full article on how to spot fake Samsonite luggage.
Samsonite Winfield 2 Vs 3: Which one to Buy?
After looking at the features, pros, and cons of both products, it is crucial to summarize which carries an edge over the other. In this case, with so small differences, it depends on the intended usage and suitability of the buyer.
There are several similarities between the two variants of Samsonite Winfield. The 360-degree wheels are one such similarity. The security feature of the TSA lock combination is also a common feature between the two topmost pieces of luggage.
Apart from the similarities, there are slight variations in the product weight and dimensions. While the basic or the smallest variant in both categories has an approximate weight of above 6.1 pounds, the larger models have a major weight variation.
The major difference between the two products comes in the shell design. This difference can be easily observed physically. Samsonite Winfield 3 has better resistance to scratches. The design of the protrusions and dents is more durable in this version. So the primary con of Samsonite Winfield 2 was successfully addressed in the Winfield 3 version.
Even after upgrades, you cannot be completely sure of the scratch-resistant feature of the products. The hard scratches will not vanish easily on either version. Summing up these comparisons for Samsonite Winfield 2 vs 3, the latter holds a slight edge over the former with some upgrades like the size and resistant features.
Samsonite has always been a trusted brand among travelers and adventurers alike. With Samsonite, you know there is no compromise with luggage quality. However, there are certain details to keep in mind while selecting Samsonite pieces of luggage. Apart from the above comparison over Winfield 2 and Winfield 3 luggage, we have another article about top 8 best Samsonite Luggage in 2023.
The choices and variants it offers should always be considered. As we have concluded, Samsonite Winfield 2 and Winfield 3 might not be the same version in terms of overall quality difference. The only area where there is no difference, is when it comes to cleaning your Samsonite luggage. Winfield 2 and Winfield 3 are pretty similar in materials from which they’re made. If you luggage gets dirty, our article on How to clean a Samsonite Winfield 2 suitcase is applicable for both models.
There are certain things like the weight of the product which make a slight difference. These small things place one product over its counterpart. However, you should conduct thorough research as to which item suits your needs before buying.
- US Traveler Luggage Review – The Boren Collection - September 10, 2023
- US Traveler Luggage Rio Carry-On – Affordable and Stylish Set for Budget Travelers - September 3, 2023
- Hardshell vs Softshell Luggage: Which is Right for You? - September 2, 2023