How do you use TSA luggage straps?
Luggage straps are specially designed to keep your luggage intact and safe.
There are several types of luggage straps available in the market some of them come with a combination lock.
And if those locks are TSA approved then, those straps are called TSA luggage straps.
Now let’s see how you use TSA luggage straps.
Step 1: First place your luggage on its wheels and lock the wheels if there is a wheel locker
Step 2: Now wrap the luggage straps from the side handle area on its width side.
Step 3: If your luggage does not have any side handle you have to wrap your straps vertically
Step 4: Now adjust the length of the straps and set them perfectly and tightly.
Step 5: Now you have to lock the TSA-approved strap lock to ensure your luggage safety.
How Do You Strap a Suitcase?
The process of strapping a suitcase is almost the same as the process of strapping luggage because both are identical.
The suitcase has a rectangular shape, and if you want to strap it tightly, you can first.
- Place the luggage vertically
- Wrap the strap on the width of the suitcase
- If your suitcase does not have any side handlebar, then wrap the strap vertically
- Ensure the strap fits perfectly.
- Lock the straps and ensure safety.
How to Strap Luggage Together?
If you have multiple pieces of luggage, then strapping the luggage together can make the luggage carrying experience easier.
But for doing this first, you need to put both luggage together. But make sure the heavier one is on the ground and has wheels.
Now put the second luggage on top of it and follow the strapping steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Get a bungee luggage strap for attachment.
Step 2: Attach one end of the strap with your heavy luggage handlebar (the handle near the telescopic handle
Step 3: Now place the second luggage and pull out the telescopic handle there.
Step 4: Tightly cover the second luggage with the strap and attach the other end of the strap with the telescopic handle.
Are They Allowed, and Should You Use Them?
The luggage straps are allowed by both the airport authorities and the airlines.
You will find a smart strap luggage strap that comes with locks.
Although some airlines prevent using straps, other airlines have no issue with using the strap.
As long as your luggage strap combination lock can be opened by TSA employees, it is totally fine to use it on luggage.
Sometimes it is seen that luggage zippers get broken due to hard luggage handling by airport authorities, especially if the luggage is over-packed.
And when it happens, packed items in luggage get messed up and damaged.
To prevent this zipper breaking and damage to your items, you definitely should use luggage straps.
The luggage strap provides safety to your items and increases luggage longevity too.
And that is why you should use them.
How do you lock luggage straps?
The luggage strap comes with combination locks. And for the Luggage strap with a lock, you have to know the proper way to lock the straps.
Now let’s see how to do that.
First, you have to tightly cover the luggage with the luggage straps; you should adjust the strap. And put one end of the strap (with three arrowhead shapes) in the other end of the strap where the combination is attached.
And after attaching both ends of the lock, mess up the password so no one can open the lock.
How to Choose a Good Luggage Strap?
To select a good luggage strap, you should find the following attribute in the straps.
- The belt of the strap should be vivid and eye catchy.
- The locking clip should be thick and tough.
- The luggage straps have TSA approved combination lock.
- The straps should be able to attach another bag on top of the main luggage.
The Real Reason You Need Luggage Straps and the Best Ones to Buy
Luggage straps provide safety to your luggage and ensure your luggage lust for a long time. Besides, it also ensures the items in the luggage are not stolen by any third-party people. Moreover, because of the following benefits, you should use a luggage strap while traveling.
- Easy identification of your luggage because of the vivid and eye catchy strap color
- Secure your luggage by keeping luggage items intact, and it also gives protection against rough luggage handling in airport luggage areas.
- Luggage straps prevent accidental opening of luggage zippers in tough luggage handling
- Attach multiple pieces of luggage together if the straps are bungee straps.
Do Luggage Straps Really Work
Yes, luggage straps do work. If you properly attach the luggage straps with your luggage, then it will give better security to your luggage. It gives security by keeping your luggage tightly closed and intact. From the luggage check-in area, to get back the luggage after travel straps, keep your luggage secured.
- Where to Donate Luggage? - May 28, 2023
- Amazon Basics Luggage Review - May 21, 2023
- Samsonite Omni 2: The Ultimate Travel Companion - April 30, 2023